Sevenoaks Sound and Vision Online Returns Policy
We offer a 30 day returns guarantee for all products purchased on our website, which means that if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the goods, and we will issue a full refund of the original purchase price paid.
(Please note this policy does not apply to in store purchases, or Click n Collect reservations. If you wish to return a product you purchased in-store you will need to contact the store which you purchased the product from. You can find the contact details for the store at the top of your receipt).
The only condition of the online return policy is that the return meets the following requirements*
- Returned products are undamaged and show no signs of wear.
- Products are returned in the condition you received them including all packaging, accessories and manuals.
- "Open Box" products can be ex display, customer returns or refurbished products. Unless otherwise stated, all are sold with a full manufacturers UK warranty from date of purchase.
*Please be aware that certain "special order" products are not covered by our 30 day returns guarantee. If you need clarification on whether your product is classed as a special order please contact us prior to placing your order
** For hygiene reasons in-ear headphones cannot be returned unless they are faulty.
To arrange a return please contact the Customer Support team at email@example.com or by calling 01732 740944
Sevenoaks Sound and Vision Ltd
Unit 1 Morewood Close
Please note that we cannot be held responsible for returned goods that are lost in transit and customers are responsible for returns postage costs. In the event of a return we recommend that you send the goods back to us via a tracked service. This will ensure proof of delivery and insurance of the goods whilst they are in transit.
Refunds will be issued within approximately 7 working days of the return to allow for a careful inspection of the products(s) to ensure they are in a re-saleable condition. The money will be refunded via the same method payment was taken. Please note that refunds cannot be made to any third parties.
If you require any further information on returns please contact us.
Faulty or Damaged Products
PLEASE NOTE : We request that you retain the original packaging for at least the period of the warranty as we will only collect products if they are in the original packaging. If the original packaging has been discarded you will be asked to return the goods to us in suitable alternative packaging that offers adequate protection for the product.
If the product arrives and you believe it to be faulty please contact us within 24 hours. Many problems can be rectified by speaking to one of our team.
If the goods are faulty we can either exchange the product for a replacement, or you can ask us to arrange collection at our cost, and we will issue you a full refund.
If the product develops a fault within the warranty period please contact us and we will be able to assist you getting the product repaired under warranty. We will either collect the goods at our cost, or direct you to a local service centre. Please be aware that goods sent back to us or collected as faulty which are found to be fully working will be returned to you. Carriage charges will be at your expense. If you suspect a fault, please contact us first.
Goods found to have a fault not covered by warranty (damage or breakage through misuse, incorrect operation, wear and tear etc.) will be fixed and returned to you at your expense.
If the product develops a fault outside of the warranty period please contact us and we will do all we can to assist you in getting the product repaired.
Format of The Contract
- These terms of sale apply to all goods ordered through the Sevenoaks Sound & Vision website, whose registered office is at Unit 1, Morewood Close, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2HU registered in England and Wales No. 3008095 (the "we", or "our").
- When you order and pay online our intelligent system starts working to ensure rapid packaging and delivery.
- Any order placed by you for goods advertised on the Sevenoaks website is an offer by you to purchase the goods selected in your order. No contract exists between you and Sevenoaks Sound & Vision for the sale of any goods until you have received your goods.
- We will send you an order acknowledgment shortly after you place your order by e-mail, notifying you that we have received your order. If we choose not to accept the order prior to the delivery of the goods (which we may do at our discretion) we reserve the right to cancel the order and issue a full refund.
- The contract itself shall enter into force after Sevenoaks Sound & Vision has accepted the Customer’s order in written or in text form ("Acceptance"), which shall occur at the latest by delivery of the goods. If we cannot accept your order (for example (but without limitation) because of a pricing error or the goods are found to be unavailable) we will notify you by telephone or e-mail.
- In the event that, after we accept your order, we discover that the goods ordered are unavailable or that there was a pricing error on our website in respect of the goods ordered, we reserve the right not to supply the goods ordered and to offer you a refund or alternative goods in accordance with conditions set forth below under Description and Price of The Goods.
- The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see Your Right of Cancellation below).
- We have the right to terminate the contract if the price of the goods is not received from you in cleared funds (in accordance with Payment terms below).
- Sevenoaks Sound & Vision may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
- We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
- Sevenoaks Sound & Vision do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the Sevenoaks Sound & Vision service only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Unless otherwise stated, Sevenoaks Sound & Vision own the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site. This copyright and other rights do not extend to graphics that may be publicly available.
- You may print and download extracts from this site on the following conditions:
- the documents and related graphics on this site are for personal non-commercial use only; any copies of these pages that you save to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent personal viewing purposes and to print extracts for personal use;
- no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way;
- graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text; and
- our copyright notice (ie © Sevenoaks Sound & Vision) must appear in any copies that you make.
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from this site unless expressly authorised by Sevenoaks Sound & Vision.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
Description & Price of The Goods
- The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the website at the time you place your order.
- If after acceptance of your order we discover within 14 days of such acceptance that all of the goods are unavailable, we may terminate the contract and refund or re-credit you within 7 working days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for those goods. In these circumstances, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- If within 10 working days of our acceptance of your order we discover that some but not all of the goods are unavailable, the following provisions apply:
- In these circumstances we will contact you detailing the goods that are unavailable and offer you the option of cancelling the whole order or the part of the order that is not available to ship. If you choose not to cancel the products that are unavailable for immediate shipment these products will be put on back order for later delivery to you. If you have not cancelled the order in whole or in part within 1 day of receipt of such notice, we will deliver the available goods in accordance with Delivery terms below. We will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method in respect of the unavailable goods or cancelled order (if you have cancelled it).
- We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we reserve the right to cancel the order and refund you in full. E&OE.
- To avoid any doubt, where goods are unavailable and you order alternative goods from us, or where goods have been mis-priced and you subsequently order such goods at the correct price, these terms of sale shall apply to the order and the supply of the relevant goods, whether the order is placed through our websites or otherwise.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, details of which are clearly displayed on our websites at the point that you place your order.
- It is our policy to have clear and transparent pricing at all times in accordance with Trading Standards guidelines and we reserve the right to change prices of products without notice. Please note the following regarding pricing in the Sevenoaks Sound & Vision retail stores and on this website ( www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk )
- RRP meaning Recommended Retail Price as suggested by the manufacturers
- SRP meaning Suggested Retail Price as suggested by the manufacturers
- Offer Price - The Offer price is when a product has been reduced in price, ie a clearance or a sale item
- VAT - All selling prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at 20%
In the event that you have any pricing queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be due before the delivery date and time for payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle Sevenoaks Sound & Vision to terminate the contract immediately.
- No delivery will be made until cleared funds are received.
- Payments shall be made by you without any deduction whatsoever.
- The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order.
- Please confirm that you enter your correct and full address when placing your order. You must check the Delivery Address on any acknowledgement or acceptance we provide and notify us without delay of errors or omissions. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra costs arising from changes you make to the Delivery Address after you submit an order.
- All items destined for your delivery address will be shipped by a responsible courier with some form of delivery confirmation or tracking code where possible. However, it is not possible to choose exactly which carrier we use for your order.
- If delivery cannot be made to your address for reasons under the Sevenoaks Sound & Vision control, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- If you fail to take delivery because you have cancelled your contract under the Distance Selling Regulations Sevenoaks Sound & Vision shall refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method for the goods. On exercising your right to cancel you shall be required to return the goods to Sevenoaks Sound & Vision. Should you fail to return the goods, Sevenoaks Sound & Vision reserves the right to deduct any direct costs incurred in retrieving the goods as a result of such failure.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, Sevenoaks Sound & Vision will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, Sevenoaks Sound & Vision will inform you of any delay as soon as possible and will give you the option of cancelling your order at this point.
- Upon receipt of your order you may be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED". Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the goods shall not pass to you until Sevenoaks Sound & Vision has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
- the goods, and
- all other sums which are or which become due to Sevenoaks Sound & Vision from you on any account.
Your Right of Cancellation (Distance Selling Regulation)
- Provided you are a private customer, who orders goods for a purpose that can neither be attributed to your commercial activity nor to any independent professional activity, you have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 30 days after you receive the goods (see below) and provided that Sevenoaks Sound & Vision has already informed you about your cancellation rights under the Distance Selling Regulation. Such information will be provided together with the order acceptance by Sevenoaks Sound & Vision (see above).
- Please note that this policy has some limitations. These limitations includes (a) certain product types e.g. perishable goods, custom made products, computer software which has been unsealed or installed by you, audio or video recordings which have been unsealed; or (b) where we have agreed to provide a service to you immediately.
- The cancellation period shall begin, at the earliest, upon the receipt of the above mentioned information, but not before the goods has been delivered to the customer.
- To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give notice to Sevenoaks in text form by hand, post or e-mail, giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. Notification by phone is not sufficient; please note that the cancellation does not have to contain any reasons. The cancellation period shall be deemed observed if the notice of cancellation is dispatched in due time.
- The notice of cancellation shall be addressed to Sevenoaks in writing by Post: Sevenoaks Sound & Vision Limited, Unit 1, Morewood Close, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 2HU, Tel: 01732 740944 or E-Mail: email@example.com.
- In the case of a valid cancellation, the performances received mutually by the parties shall be returned and where applicable, a compensation for the usage made must be returned. Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Sevenoaks Sound & Vision at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the address shown on your included packing note included with your delivery. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit. In the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, Sevenoaks shall after receiving notification either collect the goods from you or ask you to return the goods in accordance with the Sevenoaks Returns procedure (see below).
- Once you have notified Sevenoaks Sound & Vision that you are cancelling the contract, Sevenoaks Sound & Vision will refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method for the goods.
- If you cancel an order within the Cancellation Period, but have already received the product, you must return the product as soon as possible to Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and in any event, within 30 days of Delivery. The details of where to return the product are set out in the Sevenoaks Sound and Vision Online Returns Policy. If Sevenoaks Sound & Vision does not receive the product back from you, we may arrange for collection of the product from your delivery address at your cost.
- You do not have the right to cancel the contract if the order is for computer software, which has been unsealed by you, or for consumable goods which, by their nature, cannot be returned, save where a fault is discovered which could not have been discovered otherwise than by unsealing the goods.
- All new goods supplied by the Sevenoaks Sound & Vision are warranted free from defects. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If new goods develop a defect during warranty period, you should follow the Sevenoaks Returns procedure (see below). In the event of a valid claim for a defect in the new goods, Sevenoaks Sound & Vision will (at its option) either:
- replace those goods, if the Sevenoaks has available the same goods at the same price;
– repair those goods; or
– refund or re-credit you the sum you have paid for the relevant goods within 30 days of the date that the relevant goods are returned in accordance with the Sevenoaks Returns procedure (see below).
– return goods to the manufacturer / service agents for repair or replacement
- The warranties do not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with its intended use, failure to follow the Sevenoaks instructions or any alteration or repair carried out without prior written approval.
- If the goods supplied to you are damaged in transit, you should notify Sevenoaks Sound & Vision in writing via e-mail within 7 working days of receipt of the goods and return the goods in accordance with our returns policy (see Returns below). Once we have verified the fault, we will issue you with (at our discretion) a replacement or full refund via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
- If the goods supplied to you are faulty or incomplete on arrival (whether or not they were damaged in transit), you must notify us within 30 calendar days of receipt of the goods and return the goods to us in accordance with our returns policy (see below). Once we have verified the fault, we will issue you with (at our discretion) a replacement or full refund via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
- All Product specifications, illustrations, drawings, particulars, dimensions, performance data and other information on the site or made available by us are intended to represent no more than a general illustration of the products and do not constitute a warranty or representation by us that the products will conform with the same. You must refer to the manufacturer's specifications or warranty documentation to determine your rights and remedies in this regard.
- You will have the benefit of the manufacturer's, licensor's or supplier's warranty with the products supplied and should refer to the relevant documentation supplied with the product in this regard. (If applicable, a Return Policy may also set out procedures applicable to repairs or replacement of defective products delivered.)
Limitation of Liability
- Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and all involved fulfilment partners (couriers) shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage in circumstances where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and all involved fulfilment partners or by its employees or agents;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
- any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any term of this contract.
- Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and all involved fulfilment partners for death or personal injury caused by intention, negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase products from our website. The importation or exportation of our products may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the import or export of the products you purchase.
- Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and all involved fulfilment partners (couriers) shall have no liability for loss of profit or for any indirect, special or consequential loss of damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the supply or non-supply of the products (including any delay in supplying the products) or their use or re-sale by you. The entire liability of Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and all involved fulfilment partners (couriers) arising out of any order for products from you will be limited to the total price of the Products ordered by you.
- NOTHING IN THESE CONDITIONS SHALL OR BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR EXCLUDING OUR LIABILITY OR A MANUFACTURER'S, LICENSOR'S OR SEVENOAKS SOUND & VISION SUPPLIER'S LIABILITY TO YOU, WHERE UNDER MANDATORY LAWS APPLICABLE IN YOUR TERRITORY, SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY CONTRACT.
- THESE CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER LAWS. YOU MAY ASSERT SUCH RIGHTS AT YOUR DISCRETION.
Data Protection & Privacy
- Sevenoaks Sound & Vision will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure but unless Sevenoaks Sound & Vision is negligent, we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
- Any personal information, which you supply to us, will be kept secure and processed in accordance with applicable privacy law. We will use it to fulfil your order and provide customer care. If you tick the box on the order form we might also use your details to contact you about our products via our newsletter.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
- The language of any dispute resolution procedure or any proceedings will be English.
- The above Conditions shall not apply to the extent that applicable law in your country of residence requires application of another law and/or jurisdiction and/or language and this cannot be excluded by contract.
Sevenoaks Sound and Vision Limited
Unit 1 Morewood Close
VAT: GB 644 5966 03